The stout of kombucha. This single origin brew is fermented with aged puerh, a post-fermented tea harvested from old growth trees in Yunnan province, characterized by dark, earthy flavors. This brew is fueled with organic clover honey instead of sugar, which requires a special “jun” culture of probiotics said to originate from the Himalayas. Fermenting in Woodinville Whiskey’s bourbon oak barrels adds a sweet, caramel and woody note to the finishing taste of this brew.
Oak Cask Wildflower Puerh is caffeinated as a result of the tea used in the brewing process. Puerh is prized for its novelty and vintage much like wine. The tea is also said to contain health benefits associated to digestion, which is why it is commonly consumed during dim sum (the Cantonese “tea time”).
Exclusively made with Organic Ingredients: 100% raw kombucha (made with water, puerh tea, clover honey).
Attributes about our Kombucha
- Our kombucha is non-alcoholic.
- Our shelf life is 6 months. After 6 months, we cannot guarantee the alcohol content of the beverage will not increase above the non-alcoholic beverage level and will no longer be accurately labeled.
- Our kombucha is lower in acidity than most kombucha companies with an average pH of 3.4 (compared in 2.8 in many other companies).
- All carbonation is naturally occurring in our kombucha, produced by the happy probiotics inside each bottle. If your kombucha ever becomes flat, you can simply tighten the cap and allow the bottle to sit in room temperature. Fermentation will commence and re-carbonate your beverage. Be careful to open after cooling in the refrigerator overnight as the bottle can overflow with foam.
- We never add sugar after the primary fermentation, but please note that natural raw kombucha is not a sugar free beverage as residual sugar is present to keep the probiotics active in the beverage to give you their functional benefits.
- Please keep our kombucha refrigerated.
- Please open carefully as the product is carbonated and can overflow or leak if shaken or warm.
Guide to purchasing our Kombucha:
- One case of 16 oz bottles are sold at a special “baker’s dozen” rate – you pay for 11 bottles, and get the 12th on the house.
- Kegs are the ultimate way to save. Each 5 gallon keg contains 80 servings of 8 ounces ($2.50/16 oz). Kegs do require you to purchase your own cold-holding dispensing systems such as a kegerator. You can place them in a refrigerator with a simple garden hose dispenser. The empty kegs themselves are property of Shen Zen Tea and are not part of the sale. Kegs that are damaged or stolen will require a $65 keg replacement fee.
- These products are only available via local delivery to the following Washington State counties: King, Snohomish, and Pierce. If you would like to purchase individual bottles, please visit one of our stockists, or try the kombucha on tap at a farmers market.
- After the kombucha is purchased, we will contact you to arrange a drop-off. If the address is within 50 miles of Seattle you can expect delivery within 5 business days. If the delivery address is further than 50 miles, we will contact you to arrange a delivery date.